DevSecOps Lead Engineer in Bethesda, Maryland.
The DevSecOps Lead Engineer is responsible for the management, development, and automation of information security features/controls related to the CSP applications and infrastructure.
This individual ensures that cloud infrastructure, operating, and software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational expectations of security, availability and performance.
Key Job Functions
This individual will, but not limited to, assist the Information Security Architecture and Engineering, Developers, and Infrastructure teams with technical design and requirements; collaborate with DevOps leads to create automated solutions, manage, and develop security features/controls; integrate completed features and compliance checks into the automation pipeline. Additionally, they will participate in the Software Development Life Cycle with a focus integrating security controls.
- Develop user stories in support of information security requirements.
- Automate security controls on the infrastructure and applications.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Provide support for production deployments, as needed.
- Provide Tier III/other support for production issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent years for work experience
- Mimimum of 10 year related working experience within Cyber Security
- End-to-end CD pipeline, automated testing, production deployments, and fully scripted single purpose pipeline.
- Advanced AWS automation using Terraform and/or CloudFormation services.
- Experience/knowledge in automating the implementation of security controls in Amazon Web Services (AWS) for services like EC2, S3, IAM etc. via the AWS API.
- Strong Chef knowledge, both Linux and Windows, possibly Chef Solo as well as Chef Automate and Chef Inspec.
- Experience/knowledge in automating server configuration for security including authentication, authorization, logging, certificate/key changes, system hardening etc.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Experience automating and orchestrating workloads across multiple public cloud providers.
- Automation experience with at least one configuration management system such as Chef (directly or via AWS OpsWorks), Puppet,
- Ansible, AWS Cloud Formation, AWS Code Pipeline, AWS Code Build, and AWS Code Commit.
- Experience working at least one of the following languages: Node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby, and Java
- Proficient with GIT, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Nexus, etc.
- Proficient in leveraging CI and CD tools to automate testing and deployment.
- Experience working in an Agile, fast-paced, DevOps environment.
- Knowledge in building distributed, highly available applications.
- Knowledge of information security controls (NIST preferred).
Job Type: Full-time