We are looking for a motivated, skilled Java Developer looking to join a dynamic cross-functional team supporting The United States Government
Excellent written/oral communication skills combined with technical expertise in Java development in an SQL database environment desired.
Working as a key member of the development team, you will design, develop, code, test, and debug complex new Java-based software products, or make significant enhancements to existing software.
Activities will include:
- Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new Java-based software products, or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
- Development and maintenance of Java server application and tools; C# and web clients; and SQL Server queries, functions, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities; Documents customer requirements.
- Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements.
- Writes, modifies, and maintains technical documentation and specifications such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Performs scripting and performance of quality assurance testing, both manual and automated.
- Performs applications engineering, including full life cycle application systems design and development.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Provides operational support of production system, including configuration management, releases, and troubleshooting.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques required
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment required
- Understanding of existing code and how an application functions by reading it required
- Write modular, efficient, and readable code for bug fixes, enhancements, and re-structuring required
- Write unit test code, test scripts and perform manual functional testing.
- Work on multiple projects according to priorities.
- Mix development, testing, and operational support on any given day.
- Working knowledge of the below technologies desired:
- Java (as a development language)
- MS SQL Server
- Windows Server 2008R2 / Windows 7 or later
- Jetty, Apache Tomcat, or any Java application server
- SOAP web services
- XML – DOM, SAX, XPATH
- C# and .Net
- VMWare and related virtualization software
- Spring Core
- Apache Enterprise Integration Frameworks (ActiveMQ, Camel, Zookeeper, etc.)
- REST web services
- IBM MQ Series
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related computer programming experience. Requires at least two years’ directly related experience in the design, writing, and testing of computer programs or database development. Requires at least two years’ of Java development. Also requires knowledge of the principles, life cycle applications and systems development, engineering, programming and analysis. Must be able to qualify for a Public Trust position/pass a background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year