The position requires identifying and creating solution requirements, creating system models and architecture plans, creating system designs and test plans, and engineering, configuring and supporting MS Windows 7 and 10 in a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment.
This includes supporting VMware View/Horizon, VSphere 6.0/6.5, and V-Center.
The position also requires providing Tier 3 engineering support of the current OS platforms as items are escalated from Tier 2 for subject matter expert consultation.
The Engineer also functions as the technical liaison between the customer POC and product vendors to ensure the proper integration of projects. The Engineer will also provide recommendations on potential security, speed, or system enhancements for the Virtual environment.
- Typically requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 7 – 10 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of VMware engineering experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of designing, implementing, and maintaining a VMware VDI (View/Horizon) environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of using Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Professional demeanor, strong customer relation skills.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent communicator with strong customer focus who can work with business sponsors and technologists to articulate business requirements and technology options.
- Ability to prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Aptitude for understanding and troubleshooting technical problems.
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10 and 7.
- Strong Microsoft Office 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of LAN/WAN networking
- Knowledge of group policy design, creation, and management
- Knowledge of VMWare View/Horizon / VSphere / ThinAPP / Workstation
- Knowledge of application virtualization with Microsoft App-V / VMWare ThinApp / Citrix XenApp
- Knowledge of Windows Management Instrumentation
- Knowledge of scripting including Visual Basic and Windows PowerShell
- Knowledge of Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
- ITIL v3 Foundations certified
Job Type: Full-time